Wednesday, April 1, 2009

How to Keep Cats out of your Garden




The first morning after I planted spinach a bunch of cat tracks appeared in my seed bed. I rushed to the back yard and got a little section of fence. Since then no cat tracks have appeared. I also read that citrus peels keep the felines at bay. I need to eat some more oranges and lemons. So far no cat tracks have shown up near the orange peels. I also barked at the cat and told him to git!!.
Please send more suggestions that work!

2 comments:

  1. I haven't tried citrus peels, but I do have fence across my carrot and radish patch just as you pictured.
    We're in the process of building a "Catspah" for the two new additions (stray kitties) to the farm. Catspah - a sunny southern exposure outdoor sandbox surrounded on three sides by catnip, grass, and wildflowers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have already harvested my first batch of spinach this year. I planted it last fall as an experiment. It stayed dormant most of the winter and then began growing again in late February.

    ReplyDelete